Lighthouse Launch student and PhD grant program
Lighthouse Launch is a pre-accelerator for UCPH students and PhD-students that offers grant, unique access to mentors and designated support to advance your project the next stage, whether that be an accelerator program, investments, or collaboration with industry.
The pre-accelerator is operated by Accelerace, one of Europe’s leading accelerators.
What you will get
All teams will receive a grant of 30.000 DKK upon entering the program. It is possible to apply for additional funding throughout the program.
All teams are allocated a mentor team of experienced entrepreneurs and industry professionals to support the development of the project.
- Structured workshop camps
The first half of the program offers structured workshop camps that will help mature your project. The second half of the program is designed to support the successful translation to the next level in the ecosystem.
During Lighthouse Launch, you will learn critical skills to create your startup company and build a strong network of entrepreneurs across UCPH and the Danish innovation ecosystem with a wide span of subjects and industries.
Deadline for signing up is Thursday March 14th, 2024.
There is a limit of 10 projects that are assigned based on evaluation by our external panel. Lighthouse Launch is a coherent course that is split into two phases. Phase 1 runs from April to June and is focused on developing the project. Phase 2 runs from August to November and is focused on supporting each project in a successful translation post program end. It is mandatory to participate the following date:
- Kick-off Apr 5th
- Camp 1 Apr 10th and 11th
- Camp 2 May 7th and 8th
- Camp 3 Jun 3rd
- Concluding event phase 1 Jun 28th
- Concluding event phase 2 Nov 8th
Your team takes part in mentor meetings throughout the program. The meetings are personalized to your current challenges and focus on business development, team & project management, access to stakeholders fundraising and other themes relevant for your project.
To apply, the teams must meet the following criteria:
- Primary applicant is student or PhD student
- At least one member of the team is UCPH or Lighthouse member
- The projects must be enrolled in Lighthouse when joining the program
- The project has not received investments (grants are OK)
- The project must have potential to become a financially viable growth or impact startup
The applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Motivation for applying
- Potential value of attending the pre-accelerator
- The idea/product and its growth/impact potential
- Diversity in founders’ team